Help to finish the next release of ConnochaetOS and donate
ConnochaetOS 14.2 Beta2 has been relesed. This is the second test version.
- Added libndp to the ISO (dependency of NetworkManager)
- Deleted wrong notice of deactivated root account in installer
- Calcuate correct size of partitions in installer
- Added ModemManager to ISO (dependency of nm-applet)
- run nm-applet in icewem startup if Network-Manager is used
- Added xdm and xmessage for graphical login
- Added choice for console/graphical login in installer
- Removed support for xfs and jfs in the installer due to problems
Download at http://download.gna.org/connochaetos/
ConnochaetOS 14.2 Beta1 has been relesed. This is a test version, you're welcome to try it.
Slackware 14.2 has been released, which means that our release 14.2 is getting close. 14.1 will be still supported, additionally the 64bit builds.
The building machine is an aged AMD Athlon II X2 250. This machine hosts the slack-n-free 64 host system, ConnochaetOS 14.2 (kvm virtual machine) and both 32 and 64 bit 14.1 systems as LXC containers.
Suffice it to say that building packages for 4 different repos is very slow on this machine. I plan to buy new components, at least a 4 core CPU, if possible six-core, and more RAM. I estimate the costs at approx. 250 €.
Therefore I call for donations, which I haven't done in a very long time. The goal is to collect at least 250 €. Every cent will be invested in Hardware for building ConnochaetOS.
Please visit the donation page
The slack-n-free repos for Slackware 14.2 are ready. Use the following lines in your slapt-get config:
Included is the de-blobbed kernel 4.4 free and libre versions of Iceweasel (45.x), Icedove (45.x) and Iceape (currently 2.40)
- There is a nice review about ConnochaetOS at http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/ConnochaetOS-Makes-Slackware-Truly-Free-and-a-Bit-Easier-82138.html
- ConnochaetOS 14.1 is released. Please read more in the release announcement
- Screenshots and a screencast is available at LinuxQuestions.org. Thank you
- The entire site is now served with SSL (https). Changing bookmarks and slapt-getrc is not necessary, since you will automatically redirected to https://connochaetos.org
- There is a video “How To install ConnochaetOS 14.1 and overview” from Marcelo Salvador available at Youtube